What is thermography?
Thermography (Infrared Thermal Imaging) is a tool that can detect hidden inflammation in the body.
Chronic hidden inflammation has been proven to be precursor to many diseases such as cancer, Arthritis, Heart disease, Stroke, Diabetes, Alzheimer, Depression, etc. With Thermography, hidden inflammation can be detected before disease manifests. Nutritional and lifestyle changes implemented at this stage could avert serious problems down the road.
Are you at high risk for breast cancer? Healing and Wellness is one of the very few clinics in the country that offer breast thermography for cancer risk assessment.
Widely used in Europe and fast gaining popularity worldwide, thermography (Infrared Thermal Imaging) is an FDA registered tool for adjunctive breast cancer screening that is used as an additional tool to mammography and other screening tools for breast health.
Breast thermography identifies heat abnormalities -unexplained inflammation – that could be signs of existing cancer in the breast or signs of cancer that is still developing. Thermography is an important early warning system that can alert you of heat abnormalities up to 8 years before a sizeable and detectable lump can be formed thus affording women opportunity for risk reduction and prevention.
Thermography detects inflammation of Angiogenesis.
What Is Angiogenesis?
- Angiogenesis is the formation of new blood vessels that a tumor needs to develop.
- It is essential and key to tumor growth.
- Without angiogenesis there will be no cancer growth.
- Thermography can visualize angiogenesis of cancer that is already existing or still forming.
Studies Have Shown That:
- An abnormal infrared image is the single most important marker of high risk for developing cancer.
- A persistent abnormal thermogram carries with it a 22x higher risk of future breast cancer.
- An abnormal thermogram is 10 times more significant as a future risk indicator for breast cancer than a first order family history
- When added to a woman regular health check-ups, a 61% increased survival rate has been realized.
- SAFE and RADIATION FREE
- QUICK – about 15 minutes
- NO CONTACT, NO PAIN
Who Needs Thermography?
Thermography is an excellent screening tool for women of all ages.
Especially useful for:
- Young Women (Under 40 years)
Breast cancer incidence is rising at an alarming rate in this group. And the breast cancers are usually more aggressive with poorer survival.
Thermography has unparalleled accuracy and reliability in detection of abnormality in this group for whom mammography is not recommended as a routine screening tool (due to the cumulative radiation exposure risk and the fact that mammography is less effective for screening in younger dense breasts).
- Women between 40 and 50 years
There is worldwide controversy on harms vs. benefits of screening mammography for women in this age group. Weighing the harms against the benefits led several health bodies including the World Health Organization, the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force, the UK and various European countries to recommend screening mammography for women from age 50 rather than 40, leaving earlier screening before age 50 to individual choice and medical need.
- Pregnant and breast feeding women who prefer to avoid radiation
Thermography is radiation free and completely safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding
Studies have shown that 2/3 of pre-menopausal and 1/4 of post-menopausal women, that is (40%) of all women have dense breast tissues. Screening mammogram misses every other tumor in dense breasts. Women with fibrocystic breasts and those on hormonal replacement therapy also have increased breast density. Additional screening methods can save lives in these women.
- Women who have had mastectomies
Breast cancer can return to the chest area after mastectomy. Thermography can be used after mastectomy to monitor the chest wall for signs of recurrence.
- Women with breast implants
Breast implants can obscure mammogram images, decreasing the ability of mammograms to detect breast cancer
- Women with inconclusive mammograms
Thermography is a useful adjunct for additional information in case of an inconclusive mammogram.
Assess your risk. Reduce your risk. Prolong life and quality of life
Thermography is useful tool for chronic, unresolved pain and health issues.
For people battling ongoing, health problems, thermography can give vital additional information that could help identify the root cause of pain or ill-health. Thermography does not diagnose disease in the body but can identify hidden inflammation which gives clues about the area of dysfunction. This can then be confirmed with further appropriate testing and treated accordingly.
This is great news for people suffering from unexplained pain, people undergoing therapy but still with unresolved pain issues and for people with muscle and ligament injuries.
Thermography is also useful in monitoring treatment progression and outcome.
Thermography can detect abnormal heat patterns of:
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Neck pain and back pain
- Trigger points for generalized body pain (Fibromyalgia)
- Sinus pathology and dental pathology
- Phlebitis, deep venous thrombosis, lymph and blood flow abnormalities.
- Thyroid conditions